Scott Norwood

Scott Norwood
Wide Right started it all.

Monday, March 28, 2011

I Want Credit For Something...

Ok, everyone's bracket is totally busted, nobody in their right minds had VCU or Butler in the Final 4, and this tournament is officially batshit crazy.  But I just want to take credit for one thing.  Even though I, like most people, couldn't manage one team in the Final 4, there are no #1 seeds at all left, and that I did predict correctly.  I had two #2s, a #3, and a #4 seed, and I had the #4 seed winning the damn thing.  Yes, that same #4 seed got beat the first weekend.  But my point is, I identified all four #1 seeds as frauds that wouldn't win their respective regions, and I believe I had that one.  Even Jason's wacky selections of a #5 and #6 seed to reach the Final 4 had #1 seed Kansas emerging as champ.  I would just like to look over at my burning, charred brackets and at least be recognized as having the vision to see that there are NO great college basketball teams left these days, and that none of the mighty #1 seeds had what it takes to go all the way.

And if you'd like to bet against my current Final 4 picks, here goes:  Butler over VCU, Kentucky over UConn, and Butler to win the national title, making Dick Vitale and Jay Bilas cry and puke respectively for hours on end.

No comments:

Post a Comment