Scott Norwood

Scott Norwood
Wide Right started it all.

Friday, January 17, 2020

Conf. Finals 2020

It is the calm before The Pick, as Jay has opted to punt on picking against me this week on Championship Sunday in order to preserve his four-point deficit and allow me to hang myself by picking the Super Bowl incorrectly.  He was good on the show laying on the pressure by repeatedly reminding me that in our seven-year podcast history neither of us have blown the Super Duper Bowl pick to lose the whole season, so I have three long weeks to think about that.  Hey, no sweat.  It was torturous last year being down one game on the nflpickwatch site and having to wait...and wait...and wait for the leader to make his Super Bowl pick so that I could then pick opposite of him.  Lucky for me, he took the Rams.  Jason is hoping for a similar boner from me, and considering I'm fucking 1-7 ATS in these playoffs, I'd say that's a smart move.  My picks this week came to me in a Moment of Clarity that I had not experienced making my other postseason picks, so maybe just in time, I'm finally developing a sense of these teams.  Or maybe I'm deluding myself, which is a talent of mine.  Here are our Siamese twin picks for the conference title games, although Jay said during the show that these probably would have been his real picks anyway:

Fav Spread Dog Final Dre Jay
KC (13-4) Tenn (11-7) KC KC
SF (14-3) GB (14-3) GB GB
104.4 97.4
Last Week +0 +3
=104.4 =100.4


All of our thoughts and observations (after five minutes of dead air at the start of the show thanks to technical difficulties--aaaarrgh) can be heard here:

NFL Conf. Finals 2020: The Calm Before The Pick

No comments:

Post a Comment