Scott Norwood

Scott Norwood
Wide Right started it all.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Week 4 Picks: Crapped on You By Depends!

The idiotic sponsorships reached a low point in the last few years. Instead of just sponsoring every single thing in sports or in any sports talk show related segment, we needed colorful descriptors for the sponsorship. Car sponsor? Segment is "driven." Pizza sponsor? Segment is "delivered." Seriously, this is what we have come to.

Anyhow, once again I'm flying solo on my picks portion of the blog. That didn't work so well for me last time out: I won two freaking picks. This has got to go better for me.



  • Panthers (+6) at Bears - My pick: Panthers. I don't quite have the balls to take Carolina straight up, but who cares? I took the points, so I win even if the Panthers win! The Panthers pass rush will cause more pain for Jay Cutler and Cam Newton will find enough holes in a porous Bear secondary to give the Panthers a chance late.

  • Bills (-3) at Bengals - My pick: Bills. A letdown is possible here after two thrilling comebacks, but Cincy does not have the offense or the defense to keep up with Buffalo.

  • Titans (+1) at Browns - My pick: Titans. Tennessee is getting just enough from its offense to supplement the #1 defense in the league after three weeks. Cleveland hasn't impressed me thus far, I need to see a little more fight from them.

  • Lions (+1½) at Cowboys - My pick: Lions. As long as Calvin Johnson and Matthew Stafford are upright out on the field, I'm taking them.

  • Steelers (+3½) at Texans - My pick: Steelers. I'll make it clear, I LOVE the hook on this game.

  • Saints (-6½) at Jaguars - My pick: Saints. Blaine Gabbert, in his second start, does not have the weapons to keep up with the high octane Saints. Saints squoosh.

  • Vikings (-1½) at Chiefs - My pick: Vikings. I think we'll see a LOT of Adrian Peterson this week, and the Chiefs slide to worst team in the NFL will be complete.

  • Niners (+9) at Eagles - My pick: 49ers. If Vick can stay on the field for 60 minutes (of game time, not real time), then the Eagles should blow the doors off Frisco. I'm betting he can't.

  • Redskins (+1½) at Rams - My pick: Rams. The Rams desperately need a win after being the media darling pick to win the NFC West. In a season full of tough opponents, the Rams will take advantage of Crazy Mike Shanahan and Bad Rex and eke out their first win.

  • Giants (-1) at Cardinals - My pick: Cards. Kevin Kolb has found something: close his eyes and chuck it deep to Larry Fitzgerald and good things happen (Matt Stafford has learned the same with Megatron). Look for Fitz to find paydirt a couple times this weekend and the "underdog" Cards to hold serve in the desert.

  • Falcons (-4½) at Seahawks - My pick: Falcons. If the Falcons fall to 1-3, they could be in for a LONG season (the Packers visit Atlanta next week). I think they know it, and will step it up against a team they obliterated last season.

  • Broncos (12½) at Packers - My pick: Packers. Green Bay hasn't been a safe bet to cover this season. Even when they do, it's a late hold or a phantom holding call. Not this time. Packers squoosh.

  • Patriots (-4½) at Raiders - My pick: Raiders. The Black Hole is not a friendly place to play, ever. It's even worse when the team that occupies it is good. Oakland bent the Jets over and look to run it down the Pats throats as well.

  • Dolphins (+7) at Chargers - My pick: Chargers. I'll call it: this one feels pushy. I've probably sealed the deal on the fifth push of the year right there. It's not September any more, which means the Chargers are free to crush somebody.

  • Jets (+3½) at Ravens - My pick: Ravens. Batimore looks to be back on schedule after losing at Tennessee in Week 2, while the Jets are reeling from being run over by Darren McFadden. Ray Rice is no cure for your rush defenses ills.

  • Colts (+10) at Bucs - My pick: Colts. In very limited playing time, I saw enough of Curtis Painter to realize that he understands the Colts offensive scheme. That's something I never saw out of Kerry Collins. The Colts are 0-3 but are still playing with tremendous heart. If the Bucs overlook them in a prime time match up, the Colts could escape with win #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment