Scott Norwood

Scott Norwood
Wide Right started it all.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My Thursday Night Pick, and Season Prediction

Even though I must take New Orleans thanks to the Favre Rule, I feel compelled to state that I like the Saints Thursday night anyway.  The Vikings minus Sidney Rice should have trouble keeping up.  And I like making a Super Bowl pick before the season starts just to have it on the record, even though so many changes happen to a typical NFL roster between now and the end of the season that it's really a silly exercise to try and call the Super Bowl now.  But I'm nothing if not a master of silly exercises.  My pick is Colts over Packers, and furthermore, I'm calling about a four or five-year run for Peyton Manning and the Colts in the Super Bowl counting last year.  No QB playing today and maybe ever commands his offense like Peyton Manning.  He should be retiring in the next five years or so, and I think until then he's just going to execute that offense so well that no one can knock his team out in the AFC playoffs.  Two or three more rings for Peyton before he quits.  You heard it here first.

No comments:

Post a Comment