Scott Norwood

Scott Norwood
Wide Right started it all.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday ATS Recap: JTG Style

After the snoozefest Thursday night game, I was hoping for a much better slate of action on Sunday. I was not disappointed.

  • Jaguars 24, Broncos 17 - Jason winner, Dre loser. Denver gave me a cheap win in last years season opener, so I knew not to go to the well on that one again. Jacksonville is a mystery, but I'm going to guess last year was the abberation and they are on their way to being competitive again.
  • Titans 38, Raiders 13 - Both winners. When Vince Young points at the sky after doing something great (since no player points up after being awful), does he see himself pointing back?
  • Patriots 38, Bengals 24 - Both winners. Many TV "experts" had Cincy as the chic pick of the week. We knew better.
  • Bucs 17, Browns 14 - Jason loser, Dre winner. Pick looked good until late Tampa touchdown. I should have seen this, since I spent much of last year touting Josh Freeman as potentially the best QB drafted in the '09 class. Way to listen to myself!
  • Texans 34, Colts 24 - Both losers. We both said this would be the week for the Texans to show us something. They did big time.
  • Bears 19, Lions 14 - Both winners. That's the second time this year I've felt sick to my stomach watching a Detroit team robbed of a thrilling feat. First Armando Gallarraga, and now the Calvin Johnson play. Every replay looked the same to me: catch, foot down, second foot down, another foot down just for good measure, knee down, hand down, booty down, windmill the ball into the turf and it slips out, Johnson gets up to celebrate. There were maybe 10 people in my vicinity watching this and we all saw a touchdown catch. Sadly, the bankrolled NFL talking head apologists are already saying the right call was made. Sickening.
  • Steelers 15, Falcons 9 (OT) - Both winners. Trap dodged!
  • Dolphins 15, Bills 10 - Jason winner, Dre loser. I sure hope that wasn't Dre who started C.J. Spiller in every fantasy league he's in....oh wait, it was.
  • Giants 31, Panthers 18 - Both winners. The Panthers showed some fight, then realized they were the Carolina Panthers.
  • Packers 27, Eagles 20 - Both winners. I could clearly see why Andy Reid would give a vote of confidence to Kevin Kolb. He was awesome until Clay Matthews ran his face into the turf and Micheal Vick looked awful. Wait....I think that went the other way around, so what game was Andy Reid watching? If Kolbs' face hadn't slid a few yards in the dirt, the Packers probably end up winning 40-10. Vick breathed life into a dead team, so once Kolb is haze-free, it's back to the doghouse for No. 7. Too soon?
  • Cardinals 17, Rams 13 - Both winners...barely. Meh.
  • Seahawks 31, Niners 6 - Jason loser, Dre winner. I did NOT see that coming.
  • Redskins 13, Cowboys 7 - Both losers. Whoa, that was ugly. I know Washington won, but Donovan McNabb is done. Every pass he completed had to be a diving stab by his receivers. Not a good way to rack up the YAC when Santana Moss is rolling into every ball. As for the Cowboys, all I can say is....hahahahahahahahaha SUCKAS!!!
Amazingly, we're both 10-4 going into the Monday doubleheader. Which means that Week 2 is going to be really, really ugly for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment