Scott Norwood

Scott Norwood
Wide Right started it all.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thu. Nite Texans @ Colts

Houston comes into Indianapolis as a seven-point favorite, and this one was tough for me.  I'm on a roll picking the Colts, so I have to respect that they have a cover streak going and that they're at home on a Thursday night, which has been the winning side for almost all of this year's Thursday games.  But Houston clearly has the better team, and they waxed the Colts to start the season.  But won't that motivate the Colts?  But do the Colts have anything left to play for now that they've achieved that one victory?  But shouldn't the Texans run roughshod over Indy, like every other team?  But hasn't the Indy run defense really been shored up this season by the outstanding play of Pat Angerer?  Gah!!  So many angles, so many factors...in the end, I split the baby and picked Houston to win and Indy to cover.  I don't think Jason went through all of those thoughts when he also took the Colts to cover.  He says he's back on the Thursday home team, simple as that.  And that's the difference between Jason and me.  One trusts his gut, the other overanalyzes everything.  But at least this time, we arrived at the same conclusion.  Hope we get it right.

My Pick:  Houston 19-14

No comments:

Post a Comment