Scott Norwood

Scott Norwood
Wide Right started it all.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

2012 Week 6: What I Learned

Not a whole hell of a lot, obviously.  I definitely learned a new stat to lean on, since the sack +/- beat both of our asses this week.  The sack +/- predicted the winner straight up at a 9-4 clip, and it went 8-5 ATS.  I'm not going to put all of my hopes and dreams on the stat, but rest assured, the sack +/- will return for another week.  The reason you can't put all your hopes on that stat?  Well, the actual sack count in each game did not correlate at all to who won or covered.  Taking out the two games where both teams had the same number of sacks (Dal-Bal and Cin-Cle), the team with more sacks this week went a stunning 2-9 straight up and 4-7 ATS.  So at least in Week 6 in 2012, it was way better to not sack the QB.  I'll keep my eye on this as the season wears on.  I have very few observations as far as the actual games.  The Cowboys were stupid and badly coached as always, and yet they still almost won.  Philadelphia's turnover problems aren't going away while Michael Vick starts, it seems.  I love Andy Reid's solution to that obvious problem--fire the D-coordinator, that was the issue the whole time.  Uh huh.  I guess I must be The Jet Whisperer since I have been able to pick them in all three of their wins.  But what if I don't wanna be The Jet Whisperer?  New England's soft defense let Seattle get the great comeback win, but don't shortchange the NE offense, which played just as big a part.  I fucked up the Giants-Niners game because I ignored my own rule of picking against San Francisco when they play a good offense that can get a lead and make Alex Smith play from behind.  God, was that ugly.  The prime-time games?  Hall of Fame QB whips out his dong and shows why he's a Hall of Fame QB.  Sunday was Part 1, and Monday was Part 2.  And I'm very thankful for both of them.  And the Thursday game, where the highly favored Steelers coughed it up on the road against the worst team in the league, the Titans?  Well, like I said, I'm fucking done taking road teams on Thursday night.  D-U-N.

Week 6 Records--Dre 5-9, .357; Jay 3-11, .214
YTD Records--Dre 49-40-2, .551; Jay 45-44-2, .506

No comments:

Post a Comment